Sunday, August 7, 2011

Strybing 2011



Andy and I went to the Garden Fair at Strybing in San Francisco yesterday. It was overcast and sometimes quite windy. We wore jackets all day!

The guy next to us was selling orchids. Very lovely display, and I think he sold quite a few.

I think this is a wonderful picture of Andy showing a little kid an Anise Swallowtail eggs. Aren't they cute!??!!

Lots of people came by our table. I went over the gulf fritillary life cycle about a million times. This is first time ever that my line failed. Twice! Two people said that they didn't want to see my butterfly egg. How could they??!!

It was rather a smelly day. Across the aisle from us was a guy selling lavender. It was lovely to look at, but the smell was so strong and harsh. Yuck! I don't understand why anybody likes that. Then, later in the day, after I went to bed, a skunk let lose. Double yuck!

But I didn't get a headache from all the "fragrances" so I am happy. I had a great time introducing people to the joys of butterflies. Had a great time talking to Andy and Liz. Very lovely day!

No comments: