Friday, October 15, 2010

Butterfly Papercrafts


This is one of the papercrafts that I have had published in the Butterfly Gardener magazine. It is a popup card. When you open it, the cabbage white butterfly hovers above the field of nasturtiums. I do the prototype, then my daughter, Danielle, does the design work. Included with the papercraft is a curriculum component, so anyone working on the craft also learns a bit about butterflies. In this case, the craft is about starting a butterfly garden by planting seeds.

I have also designed several other crafts on butterfly topics. One is a caterpillar, another is an egg. Each one includes a little bit of information to make learning easy. I wish I could find a publisher and get the whole series published as a booklet. But no luck so far. If you have any ideas, send them my way. Thanks!

No comments: