Friday, August 6, 2010

Helmholtzia glaberrima--Stream Lily




This plant is supposed to need shade and moisture, but it seems to be in a dryer area at the UC Botanical Garden and in the sun. It is in bloom now, and the flowers are white with dark markings, but sometimes the flowers are pink.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I will be at Strybing in San Francisco, enticing people to my booth by asking, " Do you want to see a butterfly egg?" Who can resist that? Then, after showing them the beautiful caterpillars in stunning display jars, I will talk them into buying caterpillar food plants. And coming to the UCBG to buy more plants!

Then, the day after tomorrow, Sunday, I am giving a class at UCBG: Butterfly Basics. I only have three signups so far, so tell you friends to sign up! It will be fun!

No comments: