Sunday, October 18, 2009

Entomology Club

c

Eddie Dunbar (in the green shirt) organized the first meeting of the local entomolgy club, which met outside the Rotary Nature Center in Oakland. Lots of people showed up and admired Andy's beautiful displays and enjoyed his educational talk. Usually, at garden fairs, I have to entice people to our table with the possibility of seeing butterfly eggs. This time, people were really excited to see all the caterpillars. I let him work, while I enjoyed the other displays. I got to see Joyce Gross's wonderful photos, and annoy the vector control guy with my endless questions about skunks. I would love to get ride of the skunks in our neighborhood, they are stinky. Thank you Andy, for all your hard work, and thank you Eddie for organizing. Thanks also to the other exhibitors, who were wonderful. It was a great day.

No comments: